Thursday, July 30, 2009

Success at the fair and missing my honey!!! :-(







Once in a while in our relationship, I get the distinct joy of buying my Honey some flowers. Though my heart is always willing, the checking account isn't always so cooperative. This week however there were a few extra bucks in the checking account and I knew my honey deserved a treat so, I brought some beautiful ones home for her.


She has been working so hard lately on her typing skills. In a week, she has to let the state know if she has managed to get her typing speed up to 40 words a minute. At that point, she can take the test again and hopefully get a job as a medical transcriptionist for the department of corrections. I'm so proud of her!

Carol is leaving tomorrow for a Girlies weekend with Cheryl. Carol hasn't left yet, but I miss her already. Not having her by my side is going to be tough on Friday and Saturday nights, but, I'll tough it through somehow! This is the first time we will have slept apart in a couple years.

Tonight, Carol and I went to the County fair to check things out. There was a CCR tribute band there. They weren't bad, but they were not as good as the Chicago Tribut band that was at the fair a couple years ago. None the less, Carol and I took in a couple of their songs and found it enjoyable. We also went and checked out all of the pictures and art work that was done for the fair. Both the pictures we entered, received an prize. :-) 'Late Supper', a picture of some cows near a tree at sunset got 2nd place and 'Reflection of play', a picture of the three dogs romping around received an 'Honorable Mention'. Pretty cool for our first ever entry in the fair. Both of them were taken with our little Kodak Digital camera and printed with our HP multi-function printer.


The RV park is filling up, almost to capacity for the County fair. The fair grounds are litterally right next door to the RV park so the place usually fills up around fair time. Even with all of the spots filled, the park is really very quiet.

Though Carol will be gone this weekend, I will keep busy. I plan on taking some boxes from work down to Katie and Russ so they can start packing. They have a new place that they will be moving into in August. The place is owned by Kevin Sillamans dad. His renters, of some 28 years are moving out, so the kids are preparing to move in. It is a much bigger place for about the same amount of rent. I also plan on Washing and waxing the trailer this weekend and doing a few odd repairs around the place, such as fixing the 'Screen door' again.


Well, that's all for now folks. Happy camping! - Eric -

No comments: