Friday, May 21, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!!!




Hi there everyone,


Well, I've started conducting training classes for the consolidated billing project that I've been working on at Volcano. This project will allow us to provide services similar to that of the big boys (Comcast and AT&T) as far as bundled services and billing where a customer can have Cable TV, Internet, Long distance and Telephone service all on one bill. This project has involved the development of probably 30 or 40 programs and countless integration processes so that the new programs I have written will work with some software written by a vendor. I have been working on this project for the last 3 years in one way, shape or form and I will be so glad when I get it put to bed. I'm hoping to have it fully implemented by July 1st. Yipee!!! :-)

We've been staying pretty close to home over the last few weeks, for the most part because the project has kept me so busy that I can't take any extra time off from work so we can have a long get-away. None the less, we always seem to be able to keep busy on the weekends. Last weekend, we hung out at Brandee and Kevins for a good chuck of the weekend while they held a yard sale, which was fairly lucrative. The weekend before that we gave all three of the dogs a bath and shaved Roxy down for her summer cut. Of course, this year, we haven't had any high pressure systems park them selves over the region and as a result, our weather has been much cooler this year than normal. So, Roxy is looking at us as if to say "... And you trimmed me down for why???"


This weekend, I'll be working the dog adoption day at the Petco in the county and maybe go see all the RV's we can't afford at an RV show. And then of course, there is all the regular stuff that needs doing like laundry and such. Next weekend will be a busy one at the RV park because it will be memorial day weekend. I will be working on Sunday because of the pilot conversion that weekend for the project I've been working on. I'm hoping I can join the family for some of the weekend though and not be too much of a work aholic. :-)

I guess the secret is out, Carol and I have been on a 'Medically Managed' weight loss program for the last 6 weeks and it seems to be going pretty well. We've both lost almost 20 pounds and both of our vitals are looking better every week as we go in for our 'Med-checks'. We're very excited about the results we are seeing so far and we are finding it pretty easy to stay 'On Plan'.

Well, I guess that is about all for now. Take care all! Happy Camping! - Eric and Carol -

No comments: