Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The big IT Department move

I've worked for Volcano Telephone as Software Developer, Database administrator and general Jack of all trades now for 9 years. I came here after a 19 year stint with Safeway stores where I was a Cobol and RPG programmer.

In my 9 years with Volcano, our offices/cubicals have moved 6 times. Our boss has this desire every year or so, to move things around. I really, really like the layout we have now, but he feels like it isn't open enough for him, so move things around we shall.

I'm a computer programmer though, I'm not suppose to get my fingers dirty. :-) But I do enjoy doing the handy stuff so I guess I will say 'I'm thankful for a change in pace'. Sorry, but right now I'm trying to get this danged new billing software tested and installed and it is just taking so long to accomplish that I really don't need to be taking 3 days out of my week to do this move. Most of yesterday was focused on Packing. Today, will be the grunt work, and tomorrow will be un-packing.

I guess I better go get my tools and head off to work. Man, I'd rather be RV'ing right now enjoying some lake or stream somewhere. Ahh, thats coming up this weekend! I can't wait.

Happy camping! - Eric-

No comments: