Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Two reunions and a budding idea

Well, this summer, Carol and I, while in our RV attended two reunions so to speak. One, was of old Kingsmen family that my sister Karen and I, to a lesser degree, were involved in for years. Then there was Carols family re-union. At both events, the topics of computers came up in one, way, shape or form and in all the cases, a recurring theme came up. That I should help people with their computers. Well, I kind of already do that, but it became obvious to me that there are a lot of RV'ers out there in this world who need a resource to turn to in order to help them to better understand their computers.

There are a number of approaches I could take in this regard. I could start doing seminars at some of the local RV parks, but what topics should I cover; how in depth should I go? So many questions so few answers. What I need to do is sort out my thoughts. So, I decided by starting to write a book for my audience.

One of the things I do a lot of at my job is documentation. I don't do a bad job at it. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I do a fair job. And, all in all, I don't mind doing it. It allows me to put my thoughts to paper, for posterity so to speak.

So, I have started. Currently I'm working on the introduction and I clearly have a long way to go, but since money is tight and the economy is in the dumper right now, we can't afford to RV every weekend as we would like to, so this will give me something to occupy my time with, in a constructive fashion.

Stay tuned and Happy camping! - Eric -

No comments: