Friday, March 12, 2010

A mystery get away

Today we leave on a special trip. Carol doesn't know it yet, but I'm taking her to southern california for the weekend. I originally thought about taking her to a little RV resort that we found in Bakersfield last year. But it dawned on me that she has always been wanting to go see the poppy fields in the Lancaster area. I didn't make reservations in Bakersfield 'cause I wasn't sure if this was going to come together the way I had hoped so, I'm the only one really concerned about the 'Change in Plans'.

I'm so happy to be able to do this for Carol, it's been a rough year with the job she was wokring towards falling through. I am so proud of her though, she is such a trooper. She continues to work towards other opportunities that are out there. I know she will be thrilled with this little get away. Rain is on the way for today, but the weather in Southern California is forecasted to be a little drier. They've had a fairly wet winter for Southern California, so I'm hoping that the spring flowers will be in full bloom. I checked this morning and the visitors center opens tomorrow, so things really seem to be coming together. As a bonus, I have some gecocaches set up to go look for if we have time. :-)

The RV park that we will be staying at doesn't have internet access, so I won't be able to update the blog before we return. I can't wait until Carol get's up this morning and I surprise her by telling her that I am not going to work but taking her on a quick get-away.
Well, I gotta get to packing up the trailer so that we are ready to go when Carol get's up. Happy camping! - Eric and Carol -

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

Have a really wonderful week-end. Just relax and enjoy.