Saturday, May 7, 2011

Easter and an end to a long tradition





























Hi there everyone, We're a little behind in our posting to the blog, so i will try to do some catching up. First off, we'll talk about Easter, a Rivercats game and an end to something I did traditionally every week, for years, but has come to an end...




Early in April we went to a Rivercats game with Carol's sister Sandy and her husband Bill. We always have a wonderful time at these games. We'd like to go to everyone of them, especially now that we live in Sacramento, but we wouldn't be able to afford that. But, we'll go to them as we can swing it. (Get it swing it???, Pretty funny huh!)




We had another wonderful Easter this year. We were suppose to go to a Winery in Shenandoah Valley, but mother nature threw a rain storm at us and so we had to go with Plan B, which was to met up at Brandee and Kevins house in Drytown. We always enjoy our gatherings at Brandee and Kevins though, so we are always ok with that as a Plan 'B'. Speaking of Brandee, things seem to be going well at her new business 'Studio B' which she opened up in April as well.




Just before we got together for Easter with the Family, I went and did my last 'Volunteer gig' at the Amador County Animal Shelter. I've been doing that every Sunday morning since 2005. I will miss that group of people and all of the pooches that I have walked there over the years, but many of the dogs have wonderful new homes, including our little Rosie! I'll also miss Tom and Sandy two other volunteers that I have worked with over the years. After I finished at the shelter that morning, I had time to run home, hook up with Carol and Katie and head over to Brandee and Kevins.




Well, that is about it for now. Take care all. Eric and Carol

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

Swing it - very good. And Plan B's can often turn out better than Plan A's. Flexibility is the name of the game.