Sunday, July 31, 2011

Moving on to a new job










Hi there everyone,


Well the last couple of weeks have been very busy ones for us. On the week of the 18th of July, I started my last week of work at Volcano Communications. I felt like I got everything wrapped up that needed to be done. I also feel like I left those who are still there in as good a situation as I could. There are a great number of people from Volcano that I will miss, but I won't miss the commute or the oddities that go on there. I know the upper management of the company means well, but I sometimes think they are more worried about them selves, then the overall good for the company and the employees.


This last week, I started a new job working for the Department of Social Services. By the end of the week, I had started my second task at my new employer. I made one rookie mistake while working on the Mainframe environment, but I'm surprised how quickly a lot of my knowledge on Mainframe programming has come back. I work with a great group of people. Everyone is very friendly and helpful in getting me acclimated into the environment. The members of the Department of Social Services are very, very community oriented and organize countless activities in support of those less fortunate in our community. I am very proud to be at this fine organization. :-)


At the end of this last week Carol and I went to the California state fair here in Sacramento. We didn't ride any rides, but we got a lot of exercise walking around the fair grounds, checking out the exhibits and viewing the vendors wares. I also got to try out our new Canon digital camera. It's a digital SLR which is something I've wanted for a long time but was afraid to 'Pull the trigger' on. We're enjoying it though. We look forward to taking many picture's of all of our adventures going forward.



Happy camping! - Eric and Carol -

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Congrats and good luck with the new job. We go to fairs for the exercise now instead of the rides. But all that good food undoes all the walking.

what'supwithsusanandcompany said...

Congratulations on the new job. I'm glad that is working out for you. I usually stay away from crowds. It's been along time since I went to a State Fair. Maybe next year.