Sunday, October 16, 2011

Carol's Fiftieth birthday





























Well, the time has finally come. Carol has reached the ripe old age of 50. It is a point in time in many of our lives that we don't take with glee, just 'cause we may hate getting old', but Carol takes it in such stride. As she says "it beats the alternative!". Long prior to the family reunion even, Carol said she didn't want a big tadoo about her birthday. Though I have tried to honor that request, her ever loving husband must admit, many times I have been a willing participant.




Her first celebration was at the family reunion where we all got together to celebrate her life with cake and good wishes. I woke up bright and early the morning of the potluck on that weekend to run to Safeway to pick up the cake. Though it wasn't my idea, for the family reunion celebration, I was well into the thick of it with Carol's sister Sandy.



I wasn't going to do much in the way of a Birthday dinner for Carol this weekend either, 'cause she had asked me not too. I was going to have us go out to dinner with Katie and Russ and just have a nice evening. But it was Carol who decided she wanted it expanded a little bit. So, I obliged with dinner for 16 of her friends and family. We'll all be having dinner tonight at Cafeteria 15L in Sacramento, one of our favorite eateries in this fair city.



But even as Carol was sleeping on this morning of this day, the 50th celebration of the year of her birth, the wheels of celebration are turning. You see, this time it was my sisters turn to pull out all of the stops for Carol. She ordered up a flock of Flamingos for Carol to be deposited on our front yard. Little does Carol know what awaits her when she starts moving and grooving today.



Once again, I am a willing participant as it is my job to keep the dogs quiet while the yard is decorated. These pictures are of the end result.



Happy 50th Birthday Carol, we all love you so very much!



MUAH! - Me -

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Too funny. My 50th was so long ago it's hard to remember. She is such a child yet. Have a wonderful, wonderful day.

what'supwithsusanandcompany said...

Happy belated Birthday