Sunday, February 19, 2012

Eric's 50th Birthday





Fifty years ago, Betty Ruth Anderson delivered Eric Lynn Anderson. For so many years I thought of being 50 as being old, but low and behold, here I am, fifty years old. I had a wonderful 50th birthday celebration. It started with a gathering with the family in Amador county at Pine Grove Pizza, one of my favorite Pizza parlors ever! Thank you to Sandy and Bill for the new tool boxes, they are just want the doctor ordered.
On the Wednesday before my birthday, Katie and Russ joined us for dinner at Hooters. I thought that was one of the appropriate places to celebrate my 50th birthday, especially since it was a time with our kids! :-)

The following weekend, we made the trek up to Oregon to enjoy some family time with Karen and Mike. It was a beautiful drive to Ashland on the evening of my Birthday. We had a great dinner at Applebees in Redding on the way to Karen and Mikes. We went on a long desired tour of Dogs for the deaf which my honey set up for me and Karen and Mike to enjoy. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Southern Oregon, make a stop at the Dogs for the Deaf facility. It is wonderful and they do wonderful things for those less fortunate! Later on that Friday, we enjoyed dinner at Omars Restaurant for steak and other tasty stuff.

On Saturday, we went to a Crab feed at the local Elks lodge that Mike is a member of. I was so glad that we also got to spend some much enjoyable time with Mikes brother Chuck and wife Teri at the crab feed as well.
Every part of my 50th birthday has been absolutly wonderful. Thank you to my wife and all of my family members for a wonderful birthday celebration.
Happy camping! - Eric -

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

50 is sooo young. Happy Birthday.