Thursday, February 2, 2012

A new month and new repairs and thoughts on getting older




The last couple of weeks have been fairly quiet around here. Though we find with my job change that we can’t get out in the Moho as much as we would like to, we know that with time this will change. My supervisor is really happy with my performance and is trying hard to get me a promotion sooner rather than later. So, though I took a pay cut to get this job, it is only a temporary situation, if all goes well.
As I get’s older, I find myself more reflective on my life over the years. I never perceived myself as a super star, a jock, or anyone that was smarter than a lot of other people. I’ve just always tried to work hard, do what’s right and take care of my family. I find myself feeling so lucky to have the family that I do in my life, I have the most wonderful wife in the whole wide world, and a daughter (though my step daughter) who has turned out to be such a wonderful young lady. Hopefully, I had some small part in that. I'm looking forward to the next two weekends, not so much because each weekend will have some part of celebrating my 50th birthday, but because I will get to spend time with my family members who are so important too me. I will get to see a number of Carols family this weekend, and I will get to see my own sister and her husband Mike, next weekend. For all these wonderful family members, I am truly blessed.
Also this weekend, we are going to get the oil changed on the Moho. The first time since we have bought it. She's over due, but hopefully, she won't hold too much of a grudge.
There have also been a couple more repairs that we have had to make to the rig. Both of them have to do with water, hmmm, are you sensing a theme here? One of them is a water leak from under the sink in the bathroom. It's on the hot water side. I'm thinking at one time, there was too much pressure to the lines and she finally gave up the ghost. Well, we will be off to Camping world this weekend to get the Oil Change and we should be able to pick up the parts for this repair. In the short term, you can see I attached a shelf and a cup, to catch the drips until we can effect the repair.
The second one was a little harder to diagnose. It turns out a gasket on the mounting bracket of the air conditioner failed. And, when it rained, the water came in through the bolt holes. After a little liquid gasket material, we should be good to go.
Oh yes, one last thing... Carol and I are now doing volunteer work at a local Chako organization here in Sacramento. We are helping to socialize Pit Bulls at the local animal shelter so that they will be adopted. Wish us luck.
Take care and Happy camping!
Eric (and Carol)

No comments: