Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A sad day

I received a phone call last night from my sister Karen. The call came at 9:30 PM PST and I knew, with Karen and Mike being in the Central Time zone, that something was wrong. Karen informed me that Mike's mom, Louise, passed away yesterday.

Louise Wraight had lived well into her 90's before her passing. She survived her husband Walter by about 5 years, living in her apartment in Medford Oregon. I'm so thankful that her son's Mike and Chuck lived in the town of Ashland to look after her. Louise was a staunch Army nurse who served in World War II. I will always remember her as a strong woman who always had such kind thoughts in her heart. I can remember Louise as far back as any memory I have and I am so glad to have had her as part of my life.

It was a little over 10 years ago, that Carol and I got married and it was at the dinner before our wedding that we celebrated Walt and Louise's 60th wedding anniversary. I'm so glad we got to share that time together.

Fortunately, I got word a couple weeks ago that Louise's health was failing and I had the opportunity to get up and see her. It had been almost a year since I had seen her and I would have been very sad if I had not had a chance to see her before she passed.

Rest in Peace Louise, We love you! Eric and Carol

No comments: